Friday, May 27, 2016

Will the Pendant Get Back into the Right Hands?

Charlotte, the truth teller, has been back from the other realm for so long that her time there feels like a dream. Unfortunately, the dark and evil druid, Siren, is on the move making it dangerous for Charlotte to ever return. When her old friend, Elderfield, is given a pendant that will allow him to travel between realms he realizes that he must seek out Charlotte and warn her never to come back to his land. Elderfield’s luck runs out when he loses the key to the gateway and it is found by Siren who wants to destroy the truth teller so he can carry out his plan without obstacles. Siren comes to Charlotte’s world and believes that he gets rid of her, so he goes home and begins to put his plan in motion. Charlotte has no choice but to return with Elderfield to try to make things right. But war has already begun and Siren will stop at nothing until he destroys those who oppose him. Will Charlotte be able to help stop the war? Is it possible for her to find the power to defeat Siren and his army of beasts? Will she be able to get back to her world or has she seen her family for the last time? Read this sequel to find out more about this intense fantasy world and learn what happens when evil is unleashed and hope is running out!

Wrath of Siren by Kurt Chambers begins right where Truth Teller left off. Charlotte continues to be a strong and inquisitive character who's braver than she knows. She seemed stronger in this book, and I liked that she resigned herself to what the other world entailed. Elderfield is such a good friend, and I was happy they were reunited, even if it was under dangerous circumstances. This series is perfect for kids who are interested in the Lord of the Rings or other high fantasy stories. I would recommend this book for kids in fourth grade and up. This was an action-packed adventure, and with a war going on there were some scenes with violence. These were handled with enough details that you could picture what was happening, but they weren't gruesome or overly descriptive. Readers will be on the edge of their seats turning the pages. The storyline wraps up, but I'm hoping for more books in the series, because I hate to leave characters I've grown attached to! 

Has anyone else read Wrath of Siren? Have you read another book by Kurt Chambers? We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Happy Reading!
~L


*Stop back Saturday to read our interview with the author!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like this one was the perfect continuation of the series and managed to pick up things right where the other one ended. I love it when the sequel is just as good and has enough plot to keep things just as interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Olivia :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the cover of what sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for featuring it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my covers too :) Dawne Dominique is an amazing artist! I'm excited to see what she makes for book three.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by him, but this one does sound really good :) Looking forward to reading the interview.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Betty! You should try book one, Truth Teller, it's free in all the main book stores.

      Delete
  5. I have not read these or even heard of them but they sound enticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! You've finally heard of them! :D Book one is free if you want to give them a try. Thank you, Patty :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so very much for featuring my book on your wonderful site :) I'm absolutely thrilled! I love to hear what people think of my books. I'm so happy you got my story and enjoyed it so much. I do love this series. And in answer to your question, yes there is one more book in this series, Favian's Law. I am aiming to get it published this summer if all goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kurt- We are thrilled to be featuring wrath of Siren on our blog. This is a wonderful series and one young fantasy lovers will really get into. :)
      ~Jess and Stephanie

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a very intense book... I think it would be an extremely good read if a little scary wondering if she'll make it back okay... hopefully good prevails over evil xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Launna :) I can't give away the ending! lol Thanks for reading my review.

      Delete
  8. Yet another series to entice me. Thank you, and drat you. My unread towers already reach the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!!! Sorry! :D I hope book one being free will bump me up your list :)

      Delete
  9. These are new to me - but they sound great! Off to check them out... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jemi :) I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  10. I haven't read this, but I love the description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeia! That's a great complement coming from you. :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds great!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a magical-looking cover. Love it. :) The storyline sounds intense and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudine- Isn't the cover awesome! It is an intense book for sure! :) ~L

      Delete
  13. Thanks for aware me about such a magical book. Anotherside Such a lovely cover I love to read the novel. I will get eBooks download online and read the full story of the novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget