Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Will Charlotte Tell the Truth?





When Charlotte walks into the shop tucked into the alley she is hoping to buy trinkets for her friends from her beach vacation. She doesn’t expect the strange encounter she has with the shopkeeper, but she is thrilled with the ancient looking snow globe that he gives her. Best of all it didn’t cost her anything. All she had to do was agree to tell the truth! Everything changes when she looks into the glowing orb and finds herself transported to a different realm. Danger lurks around each corner and all she knows is that she is far from home. Charlotte has to put her trust in Middleton, an elf who finds her and offers to take her where it is safer for her. There she learns that there is only one way home and it will involve a treacherous journey. Making matters worse, Charlotte has lost her glowing orb. What will happen if it falls into the wrong hands? Will she be able to get back to her world without the globe? Is there any way to outsmart the evil forces that are after her and her companions? Does Charlotte have the courage to do what is necessary? Read this fantastic fantasy book to find out what happens!

Truth Teller by Kurt Chambers is a delightful story. I liked Charlotte because she is strong and inquisitive, which are two character traits that help her in the realm that she finds herself in. There are times when she complains, but who wouldn’t! I was curious from the moment she walked into the odd shop, and I wasn’t so sure Charlotte should accept the gift from the shopkeeper. Knowing she had to tell the truth made me nervous because people tell lots of white lies, and I didn't know what would happen to her if she wasn’t honest. Since this book was written in the UK there were a few terms that I wasn’t familiar with, but I could easily figure out what they meant as I read. The friends she meets are so kind and the scary beings are perfectly evil, which was a balance that kept me guessing. I think that kids in fourth grade through eighth grade would really like this book- and of course, older kids and adults would also find it to be an interesting read. Fantasy lovers will like traveling to a new world! This was a fun-filled adventure that kept me entertained and turning the pages. Although the book came to a satisfying conclusion, the end makes me think that Charlotte may be taking another trip back to the strange realm. I hope so, because I would love to read another book about her. This book just came out in print this month! Look at the amazing cover!

Has anyone else read Truth Teller by Kurt Chambers? What are your favorite fantasy books?

Happy Reading!

~L

27 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the review of my story, Andrea. :)

      Delete
  2. You always find amazing books that are so new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty. I'm so glad I came now :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love snow globes. Not too sure I'd like one like this though. Sounds like a great read, thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Petty :) my daughter loved snow globes too, and had a big collection. That's where I got the idea.

      Delete
  4. What an ingenious globe. Cute story idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. And thanks for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds wonderful! I'm adding it to the TBR now ;) Fabulous review - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome, Cheles :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the wonderful review :) I'm so happy you enjoyed my story. That is always the ultimate complement for an author. I will try and get book two out as soon as it's ready :) It's being edited as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! We are so excited that we had the chance to read Truth Teller and share it with our readers. We know that they have loved hearing from you, Kurt! Can't wait to read book two! ~Stephanie and Jess

      Delete
  7. Thank you everyone for your kind comments :) They are most appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read that book and I love it!! Such an awesome story. I really love the friendship between Charlotte and the teenage elf, Elderfield. This book taught me that a jumper is actually a sweater in UK, and "Get your skates on" means hurry up. Among other things. One of my favorite MG novels so far. It has everything a good novel should have: endearing characters, a lot of action, surprising twists, and a touch of magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie :) You're my biggest fan lol

      Delete
  9. A magical adventure based on truth telling, this sounds like a great idea for a movie. I am sure thesis a fun little read, and hopefully there will be a sequel. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi :) There is another two books in the series that are complete and will be published in the near(ish) future :)

      Delete
  10. I love this book! It really is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great book! I love the cover/blurb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I totally love my cover too. Dawne Dominique is an amazing artist.

      Delete
  12. I know K. Chambers! He's super and his books are great. So pleased you have him here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, hi Lee :) Thanks mate *beam*

      Delete
  13. What a great idea for a story. I've always been fascinated by snow globes – I’m sure the longer you look into them the more you see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara :) They do have a fascination, I have to say.

      Delete
  14. I've picked out a few books for my teen students based on your reviews here, so I'm thinking this book will make our to-read list, too. It sounds great, and like Barbara, I've always been fascinated by snow globes. It's like you can't stop staring into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Claudine! What an honour that would be! Thank you so much for considering my story :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget